Monday, March 9, 2009

Sometimes I just need a hug....


I wish I had a mom
who would hold me when I cry,
who would gently rub my hair
when on her lap I lie.
I wish I had a dad
who would hug me really close,
tell me everything will be fine
when I really need it most.
I wish I had a mom
who I could curl up to,
a mom who would always tell me
"Amber, I really do love you."
I wish I had a dad
who I could always go to,
who wouldn't have a mean thing to say
just "I believe in you."
I know I'm supposed to go to my husband
when I need comfort and support,
but sometimes I still want two parents
to go to when I hurt.
Too bad they are the reason
there's this void in my heart,
I don't know how to get rid of it
I don't even know where to start.
I try so hard not to care
and pretend that I'm alright,
but what I would do for two parents
who would hug me close and tight.

2 comments:

GrammieC said...

I love you. I hope you feel better today.

Barbara said...

I know it's not the same, but I'm sending hugs and kisses and prayers of healing for your heart to you...

God has been teaching me that He wants us to realize that He is the source of our love and we shouldn't depend on anyone else for it; that's a hard one for me too.

Please don't give up on them, though; it sounds like they need love even more than you. At least you are blessed to be a vessel of God's love to pour out on others that are soooooo thirsty.

And being a wife and momma who is generous with her love and attention is a gift more precious than gold. As you know, how you love your family will stay with them for the rest of their lives.

I love you, Auntie