Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Faith

I just finished reading a book called The Faith by Charles Colson and Harold Fickett. I got this book for Christmas and it was really good. I just finished reading it because I have this bad habit of reading like 5 books at a time so it takes me a while to get through one.
Anyways I wanted to share the last two paragraphs with you because I thought that they were good ones.

"And Christianity is, decidedly, an other-directed religion, as the Danish philosopher Soren Kierkengaard often wrote. By the very character of what we believe in our orthodox faith, we don't want to force beliefs down a person's throat; rather, we're perfectly willing to lay our lives down for others as Chinese Christians did amid the cultural revolution's madness, as Christ did for us.
Christianity does not seek to impose, it proposes. The Gospel is the great proposal; Come to the wedding feast, one and all-black, white, rich, poor, East, West, Muslim, Jew, Christian-all are welcome and it's never too late. God turns no man or woman away, not one. Through His son, Jesus Christ, the Father brings us into His kingdom. This is the promise He holds out to individuals and nations alike, a kingdom not of eating or drinking or of marching armies and clashing swords, but a Kingdom of righteousness, peace and joy forever in the Holy Spirit."

If you like to read, well even if you don't, I suggest this book, it was really interesting.

Until next time....

1 comment:

Anwen said...

Wow. That sounds very good! I like the idea of the gospel as a proposal...it makes perfect sense.