Monday, April 13, 2009

The hardest part...



I think the hardest part about being a Christian is the distance that grows between you and non-Christians. I know my beliefs and I will stick by them till I die, so being afraid of, i guess, peer pressure is really not an issue with me. It's more like you become a Christian and all the non- Christian people in your life just seem so different. I don't really know how to explain it, it just kind of saddens me. My family is non-christian and the more and more I grow in my faith the more and more we really have nothing to talk about. My sister and I really have nothing in common anymore, my mom and I don't really talk unless it's about the kids and even then we disagree on a lot of things like school, and money and how to raise them. It is really sad.
When I first spoke in tongues I was sooo excited I longed to call my mom and tell her how awesome it was, but I knew she wouldn't understand and would just kind of be like..uhh...so i didn't call her. Thankfully God has placed me in a place where my in-laws are awesome, so I could call them and be extatic and they would understand and be happy for me.
Good news: My sister Nikki gave her heart to God yesterday at church, I was so happy I cried..that is something i have been praying about for two years.
So, i guess I will just keep praying for the rest of my family, God is big and he is awesome.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Praise the Lord!!! There's rejoicing in heaven for your sister's salvation. I'm so happy for you both; that's awesome! Thank you, Amber, for being faithful to pray, witness, and love her into the kingdom. That is the greatest gift you can give anyone--eternal life! And you helped... I'm so proud of you!

Hugs and blessings, Auntie

PS Keep praying for the rest of your family; God is working on them too.

PSS I guess I should get the comments in the right place ;)

Anwen said...

YAY!