Thursday, January 22, 2009

Two Things

Today I made a Coconut Cream pie for dessert for after dinner. It turned out really good. I've always wanted to make meringue but I've never had the chance to until tonight.

The second thing, we have been trying new things for dinner, to get our kids to try different foods instead of the same things all the time.. Anyways, tonight we were going to have stuffed shells with artichokes. It sounded good, while I was making it it stopped looking good, and it no longer smelt good either. I decided that who ever came up with this recipe probably had no taste buds :) The filling was like cottage cheese, carrots and spinach, and the sauce for the top was mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and diced tomatoes. It really did sound good...didn't taste too well so we pretty much threw away a whole dinner.. I felt pretty bad, I hate throwing food away but no one would eat it...

alright thats all for the night...

3 comments:

GrammieC said...

Ya that did sound good. Keep trying new things! Don't give up. I think you're awesome, Amber.

Barbara said...

Good try, Amber--your heart was in the right place! I can't tell you how many experiments I've had to throw away... Recipes that have too many textures and competing tastes have a tendency to cancel each other out and fall flat tastewise. Keep trying, stay simple and with tastes you know you already like... :-)

Anwen said...

yuck. I know what you mean.