Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just a few things...

I've been thinking about how God put us on this earth to pretty much get everyone into heaven. To let people know that he is the one and only way. So It's been put on my heart to do just that. I know I'll have to get over being shy, but if it's for God it's worth it. I haven't really figured out how I am going to do this, but I want EVERYONE to have what God has given me. It's a gift and everyone should at least know that it is out there for them.

Second, I decided to do a random act of kindness everyday to someone for the rest of the year. It will be fun, and just to know I made someone's smile makes my heart happy.

This should be fun!!!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Amber!

It's great to know you are thinking about how to "love people into the Kingdom". I watched a show the other day that was encouraging Christians to write out their testimony and be ready to share it when you get a chance... He suggested a short version, a medium length version, and a long version--in case you have a chance to share--like on a long plane trip or something... I tried it on my new blog, "For the Love of God" just to have a testimony posted...

We had a really neat random act of kindness done for us over Christmas vacation when we were going to pay for tickets to get into the San Diego Zoo. A nice man and his wife approached us with extra passes that were about to expire and asked us if we wanted to use them equaling $35 each. There were other tickets attached for $5 off 2 more tickets that we gave to 2 other people in our family and a BOGO for the tour bus ride inside that we were able to give another family member. With part of the $70 we saved, we bought a round of hot chocolates and coffees for the group that we were hangin' with--7 people--it was kinda chilly that day so we all really enjoyed the hot drinks and the "ripples of love" from that one random act of kindness...

Love from Auntie 0x0x0x0x0

Anwen said...

Amber you ARE awesome! :) That is such a good idea.