Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Starting something new...

I just read a little article on this lady that started a journal and everyday wrote five things that she was grateful for each day. She said it has changed her outlook and her attitude. Since i've been completely in the dumps lately I thought I would try it out. So this will be my journal...

Day #1 Five things I'm grateful for today
1. The weather was quite nice out
2. My kids both took naps without a fight
3. I got to make white chocolate chip macodamian nut cookies
4. My kids went to bed wonderfully
5. My oh so very wonderful forgiving husband for still loving me even if I'm a poop head sometimes...

( I feel better already :) at least a tiny tiny bit )

P.S. I just finished a book by Max Lucado called Traveling Light. It was really good. The entire book was based on Psalm 23 and every chapter was about a verse and what it truly meant. It was nice to read...

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Bravo! That's the spirit!! You are blessed to have a wonderful family and thankfulness is one of the things God is trying to teach us that we should practice for a more joyful, contented life...

One of my Bible studies uses Max Lucado books. We just did Ephesians, Galations, and Phillipians. They were kind of simple, but profound. It's funny how God can make an impact on your life if you just get into His word and are open to His wisdom and guidance. Even Max Lucado's writings were very good tools that God used to speak to our hearts.